Yeah yeah yeah. I know. I know I know I know. I KNOW. So get off my back already, willya!? I've been busy! Actually, maybe I haven't. If you must blame anything, blame Twitter. I hopped on that particular bandwagon only reluctantly, partly because it just seemed so dumb to me, but darn if there isn't something easily appealing about it, especially because it requires so little commitment. And the 140 word character limit means there can be a little creativity involved. But I worry about it in regards to how it will affect blogging habits. Not just mine, which suck in any case, but even those who are more committed to blogging.If you are randomly scattering tweets out into the world all day, doesn't that lessen your desire/need to sit down and actually compose a more thoughtful blog? I'm just asking.
In any event, I'm here now. Though I don't have much to say since I've twittered it all already. JUST KIDDING. I actually don't have a "topic" this time, other than the desire to say "HAI GUYZ!" and to share a few random thoughts with you. As usual, a few long, epic blog posts still remain only in my head, like my treatise on why Los Lobos is the Great American Rock Band, as well as a confessional on why I can't live without my motorcycle. Maybe some other time.
1) Battlestar Galactica: Other than the 2-part mutiny episodes, I can't get behind this season at all. I'm sorry. I'm trying. It's been made worse by going back and watching the initial miniseries with The Wife (who I'm not allowed to call a Cylon anymore, which probably means she is one). I think at some point the writers just thought they needed to say something more "important" or "profound" than was really worth bothering with, at the expense of providing us with good TV drama and thrills. Man is its own worst enemy: ORLY? The characters are all over the map, the pacing is WAY off from episode to episode, with simply no forward thrust on the narrative. The fact that there's only a few hours left is stunning given how stilted and lackluster and unsuspenseful the last few have been. Final verdict: BAH.
2) Haven't seen Watchmen yet. I am not expecting great things and will be happy if it doesn't blow. Still, the worst movie in the world won't diminish how amazing the graphic novel is. And it's great to see it on the book bestseller chart after all these years.
3) My job continues to kick my ass. In a good way. The things I didn't know about game development could fill, err, I dunno, a bus terminal. I bet if I was twittering I could have come up with a better word there. It still doesn't change how I would have approached my press job though.
4) The Incredibad album is hilarious and well worth the $2 I paid on Amazon's daily MP3 deal. I was worried that it wouldn't hold up without the videos, but, yes, it does. Can't remember the last time I bought a "comedy" album. It doesn't hurt that the songs are, mostly, ridiculously catchy. Good stuff. Andy Samberg man crush confirmed.
5) Empire: Total War has been downloading off Steam for three days now. That plus reports that there are some serious stability issues has already taken the wind out of my sails for this game.
6) Which is too bad, since I seriously need another game to get me to stop playing WoW all the time. My addiction is as bad as ever, as proven by my World Explorer achievement, which means absolutely nothing other than that I need to stop. Actually, the endgame stuff has been fun (second Naxx run today-whoooo!), but, on the other hand, I'm finding myself, at level 80, getting bored already. Which I know is not a new problem for anyone. Today I finally got going on a Death Knight instead. Having been in the beta, I know how great these opening quest chains are, but, once these are over and I'm back in the "main game"? Ugh. Not sure I can do it again. (But watch me do it anyway.)
7) And, finally, yes, there are podcast rumors out there. They might very well be true. Who knows, though. Those guys are a bunch of fuggin' flakes.