Hi! I've been up since 5:30 a.m., and have been meaning to blog this whole time, but instead did three things:
1) Finished this week's reading of The Brothers Karamazov for the Deathmarch I've been on the past few months. Only two more weeks, and then I can go back to easier books that don't require deathmarches to complete! Yay! Let it be said, however, that Brothers K has turned out to be awesome: A great murder mystery with existential angst/religious torment thrown in. So, really, even though it makes you look and feel good for reading it, it's just more pulp fiction in disguise! Okay, not really. Don't go and get all snooty with me now.
2) Decided to give up on Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. I'm near the end now, but I'm just getting too frustrated. There's a bit more twitch/action stuff than I was expecting in this game, and I'm afraid my timing is just not that great at this point in my life. BAH. It's been great until now though. Very charming and funny. Now I can't decide what to try next on my NEW NINTENDO DSi: Rhythm Heaven or Chrono Trigger? Or maybe both?
The reason I have the DSi, by the way, is that the EA Store did actually get a batch in. And one of the perks of working at EA is that within your first year (and only your first year, after which the offer expires), you get a $100 discount on a new console system. I have a 360 already, have no desire for a PS3, and use my PSP as a toilet brick. So the new DSi was the clear choice here, especially since I never upgraded to the DS Lite. I used $70 of the $250 gift card I had to pay the difference, so, basically, new DSi for free, and still $180 on the card to blow. Woot. Early verdict: It's ossum! I like the black matte finish on the thing, and the design in general is so much sleeker and less embarrassing then the old purple one, which I'm keeping for GBA games anyhoo.
3) Downloaded and started iMob on the iPhone. An MMO on the iPhone? Sounds fishy. And gimmicky. But, hmmmm, I'm a level 3 Hustler already, I've successfully performed a bunch of purse snatches and home invasions (ATTN FEDERAL AUTHORITIES AND CONCERNED FAMILY MEMBERS: I MEAN IN THE GAME. IT'S A GAME), bought myself a nice land fill, upgraded my weapons, and even retaliated and won a fight against some clown in my (real life) neighborhood who made the mistake of trying to take me out. In short: I think I'm in! At least for now. Will keep you posted on my progress as a burgeoning Mafia don.
Anyway, that's what I did this morning instead of blogging. Now it's time to go to work.
Oh yeah! A few more quick things:
1)I am appearing on the next episode of CO-OP with my old 1UP pals, talking about the awesomeness that is Plants Vs. Zombies, a game that you all should download now if you haven't already. The show will be available I don't know when at their site here.
2) Sometime soon I will be able to talk more about it, but you can at least officially know that the game I've been working on is MySims Agents. There's a few previews up now from your various gaming media sites, which adequately regurgitate the propaganda we threw at them and provide a few screenshots. My contribution, let it be said, has been minimal. I'm busy writing incidental dialog and text for the game, and hopefully it's funny. But I'm coming in at the late end of the project and get no credit for however good (or not!) it ultimately turns out. But I think it's gonna surprise people.
3) Finally, if you want to join my iMob, the handle is "doofaeus." Join me, or be my enemy, punks.