The posting frequency has gone down alarmingly--from every day to every other day to two days skipped in a row just now. DO NOT PANIC. Do not rush for the borders. All will be fine.
Week Two at EA has found me suddenly with, ya know, Work To Do, which I guess had to happen eventually, plus my evenings have been filled with other important functions (like new episodes of "Heroes" and "House") that have distracted me from my important blogging duties. Now, seeing as though I have a mere 1/2 hour to get my arse, and the rest of me, into the shower, dressed, and on the motorcycle back down to EA, a few quick notes:
1) My new motorcycle is amazing. Huzzah! The switch from a 600cc to a 900 has proven to be better than I had hoped for, especially for the long 35 mile drive. The ability to go faster + a much more comfortable seat/stance = Happy Jeffrey. Gas mileage on this beast has proven to be pretty good! Roughly 45-50 MPG. Also: the maneuverability is *much* easier than I expected, making lanesplitting a snap, plus this thing has fantastic torque---meaning I can accelerate past distracted morons very easily. Also: it's louder. Louder = more awareness that I exist. So, yeah. I'm in love.
2) Speaking of non-sentient machines that I am in love with: I got my iPhone yesterday--another EA perk. Short review: OMG. One con so far that hopefully I'll get over: The keyboard is really not that easy to type on. My thumbs keep hitting the wrong "keys", requiring lots of correcting. The Treo was much easier this way. On the other hand, the Treo was a business device, while this is a total toy. And, ya know, toys > business devices ALWAYS.
3) Heroes: I may be back on board. I thought I was done after the season premiere, only because I couldn't remember at all what had happened in Season 2 as I was watching, and, worse, I didn't care. Everyone is just doing whatever now, and Kuresh is still alive. But I watched Monday's episode this week, and while continuing to not be great, I realized that it's just not dumb enough to sorta have me involved again. Just don't ask me to make sense of it all, and don't try to convince me that it does, cuz I won't believe you.
4) House: *Great* new season so far. The private detective, while kind of just a mini-House, is still a good foil for Our Hero, and his interactions with Cuddy this week were right on. How come I never noticed, even with House saying it every week, how attractive Cuddy is? Now I know.
5) Oh shit, I'm gonna be late for work. GREAT. See what you made me do? Okay, one last thing: Erickson's Deadhouse Gates is turning into a great read. Those who warned me that Gardens of the Moon, the first in the series, wasn't as well written as the subsequent books, I see what you mean now. I'm on board. On the other hand, any writer who can't come up with a better name for one of his villains than "Anomander Rake" still gets one shifty eye from me.
Over and out.....for now!